We LOVE having this casserole for the holidays and we make it often when it's not. It freezes beautifully and reheats deliciously.
Kitcheneez Bacon Egg Casserole (Christmas Morning Casserole)
- 16 oz. shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled OR 1 lb. cooked sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped (optional)
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
1 tablespoon of Kitcheneez Bacon Egg Casserole seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325*. In a bowl, combine the cheese, bacon (or sausage) and onions. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Using the same bowl, beat the eggs, milk and seasoning together. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the eggs are set. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving. *This casserole can be refrigerated overnight and baked the next day.